Yes, I did it. I made a list of 101 things I want to get done, in a 1,001 day time-frame. Thanks to Shannon. She created one and got myself and my twin hooked. It’s motivation to get things done! There’s an end date people. A reason why it needs to be done NOW, instead of watching another New Girl episode while on facebook. So, here’s my list… (Oh, and an FYI — it.takes.forever. to think up 101 things that you want to get done while still being realistic of the 2.5 year time frame that you have. Sure, I can think up a 100 things I want to do, but if everyone of them involves traveling, buying, or being an extra in an episode of How I met Your Mother , it wont get done.)
101 in 1001
- Go to Ohio (amusement partk)
- Go to Nashville
✔Have a movie marathon (5-27-12)
- Finish my “What not to do …” book.
Cut my hair short(10-23-14)
- No internet-whatsoever- for two weeks
- Learn Spanish
✔Learn how to mow my own lawn(5-20-12)
- Make my own Garden stone
- Make one dish from every single one of my cookbooks
- Learn how to play a song on the violin
- Make my own Lemonade
- Watch the sun rise.
- Ride a horse on the beach
- Finish my pressed flower idea
- Invent a board game and actually play it
- Go to Las Vegas
- Be an extra in a movie (or tv show coughhowimetyourmothercough)
- Learn how to knit, and knit a scarf
✔Visit a castle in Ireland (10-12) ✔Go paddleboarding (07/14)
- Send myself an email using www.futureme.org
- Learn how to juggle 3 balls
- Paint a picture, outside, in the sun
✔Be present at a birth (08-01-12)
- Send a postcard using postcrossing.com
✔Write a letter to myself to be opened on my wedding day(summer 2014) ✔Try curling my hair using the “sock method”(fall2012)
- Build something out of wood
- Make something using something from my garden
- Whistle with two fingers
- Ask five friends to suggest 1 book, and read them all
Make a pie on Pi Day (March14th 2014)
- Go to a movie theatre that allows you to eat dinner while you watch.
- Do the words on fingernails thing
Paint my nails more than twice a year (daily)
- Memorize a 5 verses a week (x5 times) & be able to remember it a week later
- Sit outside and watch the stars
- Wear one of my hats, once per week ✓✓(2/5)
- Sell my unopened gift sets on ebay ✓ (1/2)
- Finish my bible verse picture
- Ride on a motorcycle
- Eat healthy, no sugar, for 7 consecutive days!
- Go for a walk 4 days a week, for a month.
- Organize my old work recipes & tested recipes
✔Go on a spur of the moment trip. (7/4/13) ✔Become an AUNTIE! (8/1/12) ✔Drive the speed limit, for one week. (10-01-14)
- Cook in my apron
- Roast a marshmallow in the new fireplace.
- Change my door knobs
- Paint the mirror
- Hang the painted mirror in my room
✔Buy a maxi dress (fall2012)
- Change my address
- Update my ID license
✔ Figure out who the heck “Dr Who” is!(thanks pinterest)
- Make cute little garden signs. For my garden.
- Start a Memory Jar
- Make someone’s day better by buying them Starbucks
- Do 5 DIY projects.
✔✔Ride my bike more than two times a year.(rented bikes:Londonx3,Auckalnd) ✔Go to a wedding (summer2012) ✔Write a letter for someone far away (6/13)
- Go to Chuck E Cheeses. Its been too long.
- Speak with a British accent for an entire day.
✔Read the 1st Harry Potter Book. (march2013)
- Start a guest book for Shan and my house
- Bring in my crashed hard drive to Mac
✔Try the strawberry/sour cream/yogurt thing(5-30-12) ✔Use fondant (7-28-2013)
- Make cinnamon raisin swirl bread
✔Buy a purse (all the time) ✔Finish clearing out my old bedroom (jan2012) ✔Figure out my 2010 taxes. (april2013) ✔Buy a tongue scraper (fall2013) ✔Get a trash can for my room (2012) ✔Climb a tree(London)
- Pay-it-Forward (x5 times)
- Walk across the Golden Gate, at night
- Walk or Run a 5k
- Win something from the-claw 50 cent game
- Go to that Haunted Mansion that is by the Vallejo area.
- Watch “Dolphin Tale”
- Put up Christmas Lights at Shan and my new place
- Work on my handwriting..
✔Finally watch Avatar(2014) ✔Go to a beach I’ve never been too (7/13/13)
- Go exploring in Napa
✔Master buttercream (8/13)
- Go camping in an actual tent
✔at at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland (11-13)
- Donate Blood
- Mail a secret to post-secret
- Go see Little Mermaid theater production
Buy a camera (fall2012) ✔Do a photoshoot with Spice(summer2012)
- Buy a hammock & set it up
✔Go to a John Mayer concert(7-5-13)
- Have a garage sale
- Finish our “Drive By” video
Start Date: Today (May 18th, 2012)
and in 1,001 days, it will be…
End Date:( February 13th, 2015)
PS- while making this list, I also STARTED a list of things I WOULD do, if I hadn’t already done it. (I realized its alot easier to think of things I have already done, then things I haven’t.) I will be posting it soon, check it out and add it to your own lists!